Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Unknown Blogger

Hello...ummm...me? I cannot say "Hello everyone" because I have no audience! Ah, minor details! I plan to write books someday and Lisa TerKeurst says to start a blog to gain an audience so a publisher will give you a contract. By the way, she is my new favourite blogger/author/speaker. Check her out at Proverbs 31: http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/

Okay, I'm staring at a blank space. This whole first impression thing is a bit intimidating. I may need a moment...

I guess an introduction is in order. My name is Cathy with a 'C', although I did go through a stage in junior high where I spelled it with a 'K' and confused all my teachers. Today they'd probably put you in counselling for that. That reminds me of the time when I was in grade two. I signed one of my tests as Kathleen. I read a book and the girl's name was Kathleen so I thought that should be my new name. I believe my mom got a phone call from my teacher. Maybe we all go through stages where we wish we could be someone else. That's a story for another day.

I am currently a full time university student and part time practical nurse. I have a week off from studying which is probably why I felt the need to write something. I have just finished year one of a four year nursing degree. People think I'm so brave to go back to school at my age. I tell them school is easier than the real world :) (In case you're wondering, I'm 36.)

In my spare time I like to write, read books, sing, cook, bake, sew, rescue orphans, feed the hungry...I've never been bored a day in my life. I have a million stories in my head and a few more in a stack of journals that I found yesterday while searching for the CPR book, which I never found. Sometimes the urge to write is so strong. I may not have even an inkling of what I want to write about but when I sit down in a quiet place or an inspiring coffee shop, God speaks. I learn more about who I am, what's going on in my heart and sometimes I catch a glimpse of who God really is. So really, this blog is not for you at all! However, if my rambling encourages another person on the planet, that's okay with me.

So friend, welcome to the Mourning into Dancing blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment