Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Dream

Something happened when my world fell apart so many years ago. I began to dream. I began to dream of what could be. I began to dream about healing and wholeness; freedom and deliverance; hope and a future - but not just for me. For broken humanity. All of a sudden I saw the world through different eyes. I understood pain. I was acquainted with grief. I felt the sting of injustice. Something rose up inside of me. Something wanted to fight back. Not in anger or blind rage, but to fight back with truth, hope, deliverance, healing. I wanted to make the Devil regret that he ever messed with my life. I sat down one day and wrote the following:

I've seen the forgotten places where tonight the sound of crying can be heard in the shadows, where innocence is reserved only for those who have never seen light, where there is no value placed upon humanity, where every woman's head is bowed low, where every heart is calloused and broken, surrounded by an impenetrable wall whose name is Self-Preservation, where hopelessness and brokenness have their home together, where they dance to a symphony out of tune - the kingdom of darkness, present on earth...
I dream of a place where laughter is heard in the streets, where children play, unharmed, clothed in innocence, where a man's life is never taken by another, where every woman knows the meaning of Princess and Royal Daughter, where there are songs of deliverance and hope written on every heart, joy upon every countenance, where purpose and destiny reside together, where mourning is turned to dancing - the Kingdom of Heaven come to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment